Wednesday 21 June 2017

Studying Another Student's Work - 2

Studying Another Student's Work

For this post I will be discussing the blog and other elements of Nikki J Brown, a student who produced his blog in 2014. I will be evaluating each aspect of his blog, In general, I believe that this blog will serve as a basic level of inspiration for me as I work through this project, hopefully improving upon some of the mistakes Nikki made within his own.

Research and Planning
In the research and planning section of Nikki's blog, I believe there is a decent portrayal of his creative process, as well as the ways in which he attempted to research influencing factors such as target audience and existing products.

An example of this is his 'Audience Research' post, which details his understanding of what he believes will be the target audience of his video. Whilst brief, the section gives explanation as to why he has decided on this particular audience, which allows the reader to justify his later posts and their content. However, Nikki does not provide any evidence or proof for his statements, meaning the validity of some of Nikki's posts is questionable.


The 'Target Audience' section of the blog.
Ancillary Texts
The 'Ancillary Texts' section of this blog details the various drafts of Nikki's digipak and magazine advert, two of the three secondary tasks to be completed alonside the necessary music video. This section essentially serves to easily show the changes made to the various 'products' of this project, a section I believe I will personally incorporate into my blog over time, as it would help to clearly show the progression in skill and quality within my work.


Nikki's final draft of his magazine advert
Construction
Within the construction tab, the reader can observe the recorded progress of the music video, as well as the various improvements Nikki himself identified after various drafts. This is something I will likely take inspiration from for my own blog, as I believe it will help to highlight my improvement in skill and improvement in my video overall.


Preliminary Task
Unlike my own plans for the preliminary task, Nikki posted his entire preliminary task as one post, as opposed to segregating it for 'editing', 'filming' etc. This is something I would not adopt, as I believe that by splitting the task into various sections it would be easier for an examiner to locate different posts.


Evaluation
With regards to the evaluation section of this blog, I believe it is perhaps it's weakest aspect. The four evaluation questions are featured within a Prezi presentation which, whilst well formatted, lacks overall detail and explanation. By limiting the evaluation questions to one blog post, I believe that the creator is compromised in terms of the level of quality that can be portrayed. Thereby, when constructing my own evaluation, I will likely make a blog post per question, making each question clear while also increasing my post count.

CANVA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Final Draft

https://youtu.be/cwXdSFYdtH0