Wednesday 13 September 2017

Mock Digipack and Magazine Ad (Hand-drawn) - F

Mock Digipack and Magazine Ad (Hand-drawn)
Below are my hand-drawn mock-ups of my Digipak and Magazine Advert, the two ancillary texts I will be making alonside my music video for 'Nightcall'. Firstly I will discuss my Digipak, before shortly moving onto my Magazine Advert.


Here is the front panel/cover and inside booklet sleeve for my Digipak. For the front cover I have decided to include an image of the phone booth featured in the music video. I chose to include this as it would create a sense of uniform accross my texts, with themes and imagery being shown throughout. I will express similar themes accross each of my texts as, as I found in my Magazine and Digipak research, promotional material typically features or consists of the actual album or content advert is promoting. Therefore, by using the phone booth for the Digipak, I would be able to link my texts together, making it easier for my target audience to link each piece to the artist/track.

As you can see here, I also chose to draw on a slot for a possible booklet which are often featured in Digipaks such as the one I will be making.


Here are the panels for the front and right-inside tray for my Digipak. As you can see with the back cover, the image of the phone booth is also included, but without the lead character being present within the booth. I thought that using similar images for each cover would help to convey a sense of mystery for the audience, whilst also being reminiscent of other Digipaks such as The 1975's first album (See Digipak analysis blog). As also mentioned previosuly, the majority of the 'white space' shown on this mock would actually be black on the final version, I just did not want to waste time/ink on colouring this rough mock-up.

For the tray, I will likely use a simplistic image of one of the environments shown in my music video. I chose not to draw a specific image for this panel, as I felt it would be the panel most likely to be dependant on what image I think suits the Digipak best at the time of creation.

This is a much smaller sketch I made of the layout of the Digipak. I made this as it would allow me to visualise the structure of my Digipak further into creating it, acting as a reference point for how it should be structured.




This is a mock-up of my magazine advert I will also be making alongside my video and digipak. This drawing hopefully provides a general idea of how the advert will appear upon completion, with the basic composition likely remaining the exact same on all future drafts. As with my Digipak, the image(s) I have included on my ancilliary text mock-ups may not be representative of my final versions, as I may take other pictures which are more suitable to the text and the genre itself. I chose to make these mock-ups to provide a basic interpretation of the key ideas and themes that will be present in my ancilliary texts.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Final Draft

https://youtu.be/cwXdSFYdtH0