Wednesday 8 November 2017

First Draft Audience Feedback

Shortly after uploading the first draft of my music video for 'Nightcall', I asked several questions using an online survey, which I distributed via email in order to gain a large number of responses. At the time of posting, I have had 15 responses which I believe is enough to draw valid and accurate conclusions.

Firstly, I asked my viewers if they actually enjoyed the video as this is a clear indicator of the overall quality of my music video. Eighty percent of my respondees enjoyed the video, which I would personally define as an overall success. This has showed me that the overall style and feel of the video is responded well by the audience, meaning I should be able to construct my video as planned.

 

I then asked my viewers if they felt the main dynamic of the video, the split between day and night scenes, was effective for the video. I asked this as I believed it to be crucial for my video to be 'succesful', given I had planned to include this dynamic since I began planning my video.




Similarly to the previous question, I believed the protagonist of the video was highly important, as if the audience felt the character was 'weak' or miscast then I would likely have to reshoot the video. As you can see however, this will not be necessary as each of my viewers thought the character suited the video, with no one responding with the character being incorrect for the video.

 
The main objective of music videos is to overall sell the artist's music/promoted album. I asked this question in order to ensure my video actually enticed and provoked the viewer(s) to discover more about the artist. As you can see, the majority of my viewers were intriuged enought to look into the artist further, meaning so far I am pleased that my video is completing its actual objective.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Final Draft

https://youtu.be/cwXdSFYdtH0